The M-S Batory was a large (14 287 BRT) ocean liner of the Polish merchant fleet named after Stefan Batory the famous sixteenth-Century king of Poland. She was built at the Cantieri Riuniti dell' Adriatico Monfalcone Shipyard in Trieste Italy under an arrangement where part of her payment was made in shipments of coal from Poland. She was among the most notable tourist attractions of the Polish seaside and among the best-known Polish ships of the time. She was launched on 8 July 1935.
Builder of the MS Batory is Monfalcone.